An exciting opportunity has arisen to become a Brand Ambassador within the UK Team for Monkey Shoulder.
Monkey Shoulder is 100% Malt Whisky made for mixing and your role will support the brand’s mission to make whisky more fun and playful. The brand is experiencing great momentum and you will be fundamental in accelerating the success of Monkey Shoulder by making sure bartenders and consumers know who the brand is for and how it should be enjoyed, by immersing them in the Monkey brand world. As the Monkey Shoulder ambassador, you will live and breathe the Monkey Shoulder attitude; young at heart, outgoing, fun, friendly, sometimes silly, always loveable and be open to playing by anything but the rules when disrupting the Whisky market. You will become a cultural advocate for Monkey Shoulder, helping to engage new audiences via their passion points that align with the brand.
The main responsibilities of the role include being an authentic expert and influencer for Monkey Shoulder amongst key bartenders, customers, media and consumers alike. You will plan, deliver, review and evaluate an agreed range of activities to increase awareness, brand love and knowledge amongst customers and consumers relevant to Monkey Shoulder in line with brand profile, current brand plan and budget.
Through a range of activities, you will ensure that customers are equipped to serve and promote Monkey Shoulder to consumers, enabling them to become champions/advocates for the brand, whilst exploring new opportunities for Monkey Shoulder to be present in relevant cultural spaces outside of the bar by establishing and leveraging partnerships to amplify the brand.
You will be the face of Monkey Shoulder and a fountain of brand knowledge to our own employees (and extended community), helping internal brand building and communication, as well as building strong working relationships with agencies, customers and internal stakeholders in order to optimise opportunities to deliver value-adding activities and increase brand visibility.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have an awareness of and passion for the Monkey Shoulder brand and a curiosity about the wider category and industry, with a high cultural awareness and ability to adapt your communication style as required
As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and High personal impact and integrity, you will have had significant experience of working with digital and social networks to drive engagement with influencers and the end consumer.
With exceptional social and influencing skills and the ability to build sustainable rapport with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders you will champion new ideas and initiatives with and identify new commercial opportunities to make them a reality. All whilst being a passionate and engaging presenter who demonstrates credibility and is able to inspire the whisky’s market’s consumers/enthusiasts
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, while continuing to protect our product. To reduce the risk access to our sites is limited to those essential to our production. All other employees are currently working from home.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.