We have an exciting opportunity for a Bottling Team Member to join our team in Dufftown, to receive, reduce and process spirit from WG&S Distilleries in order to meet bottling requirements and comply with HRMC legislation.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to in line with ISO 9001, BRC and HMRC requirements for compliance.
- Liaise with Girvan and Dufftown Spirit Supply teams to plan delivery of spirit to meet Bottling requirements within Vat Hall capacity.
- Control the accurate receipt and delivery of spirit tankers in order to discharge to Vats with minimum loss of spirit.
- Conducts spirit loss calculation in order to determine reduction requirements in terms of water and caramel requirements.
- Collects spirit samples and performs quality checks at predetermined points in the process to ensure quality is being achieved and maintained.
- Administers the data input for tanker receipt, calculations performed and quality data to WG&S systems in order to track spirit effectively and accurately.
- Conduct basic maintenance, safety checks and housekeeping tasks to maintain a safe and organised work environment.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a great team player and have customer satisfaction at the heart of everything they do. They will have basic engineering awareness, process flow understanding and the ability to understand complex pipework. PC skills and a proven track record in practicing problem solving techniques are essential.
Knowledge of HRMC and previous working knowledge with Spirit would be considered an advantage.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons