Coopering is the ancient trade of barrel construction and repair. Coopering plays a critical role within the whiskey industry and as such we are looking to grow our Cooperage team at the Tullamore distillery.
We are looking for a rare character to join us on this growth journey and kick start their career with a four year coopering apprenticeship leading to a successful trade test and recognition as a fully qualified cooper. If you are looking for a very rewarding trade within a growing company & a thriving industry this could be the role for you.
- Repair/rejuvenate empty casks in accordance with compliance requirements for all storage profiles.
- To carry out cask handling and related Cooperage activities as required in compliance with Health & Safety and Environmental procedures.
- To conduct quality checks on casks, reporting as necessary in line with procedures.
- Maintain stock records and carry out stock checks as required.
- Maintain housekeeping within required site standards.
- Contributes appropriately to team meetings and supports the implementation of team strategy, plans and continuous improvement projects including maturation project.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity, equity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have an interest in working in a hands-on role. They will be a self-starter with an ability to work well within a team, understand processes and solve problems. The successful candidate will also demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion vision of being “A Home where Rare Characters Thrive”.
Desirable skills for this role are: wood qualifications, IT & numeracy skills.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare
- Our employees can join a Group Personal Retirement Saving Account (PRSA). Employees contribute 5% of salary, the company contributes 10%.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of three times your annual basic salary.
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons