Established in 1887, William Grant & Sons is an independent, family owned distiller with Scottish roots and a global reach. A new opportunity has arisen for an Application Support Analyst with the GTS organisation in our Glasgow office.
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for Live System Support, diagnosing and resolving application issues to ensure optimal performance and usability for the various business systems, providing root cause analysis with recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor and respond to open calls submitted through the incident management system. Identify opportunities for application / process improvement ensuring responses and resolutions are in alignment with defined SLA’s.
- Work cross-functionally with the Product teams and the respective business functions to understand and align on all priorities including user requests, incidents, problems and projects, providing subject matter expertise to ensure business objectives are met.
- Support Product team delivery and deployment during upgrades / go-lives and resolve any issues identified during user acceptance test (UAT) to ensure business objectives are met.
- Support the change control process through working with the business and appropriate teams to create suitable test plans and scenarios, including expected results, in preparation for User Acceptance Testing adhering ensuring the changes are implemented effectively.
- Implement service requests against a well-defined Use Case in alignment with respective business function to drive continuous improvement and functionality of applications.
- Investigate, recommend, configure and administer software configuration changes as a result of resolving application incidents and problems to improve user experience.
- Update changes to documentation based on ongoing incidents, problems and any system related changes accurately to ensure information is captured accurately.
- Work directly with application vendor to resolve application issues, both short term and long term through incident and problem management.
- Support general system administration for applications in the respective business function to meet business standards.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Practical knowledge of handling new user requests, incidents and problem management in alignment with SLA and improving customer service satisfaction using Service Management systems e.g. Assyst, ZenDesk.
- 1-3 years of experience as an Application Support Analyst or similar support role ideally in a Corporate Business Systems environment.
- Experienced with Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Knowledge of industry standard process frameworks (e.g. ITIL) and how these are used to deliver business capabilities.
- Strong critical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills to interact with product team members and customers.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons