Established in 1887, William Grant & Sons is an independent, family owned distiller with Scottish roots and a global reach. A new opportunity has arisen for an Agile Project Manager with the GTS organisation in our Bellshill's office.
The Agile Project Manager will be responsible for the support of the Product teams and Product Owner in applying Agile methodologies to maximise the value created by the team and ensure Agile practices are followed to defined standards.
- Drive the project team in the delivery of business focussed projects, responsible for delivering against set time, functionality, cost as per Product backlog priorities.
- Identify, manage and reports on project risks and risk mitigation measures within the Agile framework and escalating to overall governance forums ensuring timescales are met.
- Providing guidance to the Product team and support product owner to ensure all Agile practices are followed to defined standards.
- Support Product owner in an estimating capacity for the specific project in line with budget and cost- effective solutions are agreed.
- Aligns on global rollout timelines with business and GTS stakeholders ensuring projects meet the timescales required.
- Collaborate with business and GTS stakeholders regarding priorities and requirements as needed for specific project and managed in product backlog ensuring objectives are met.
- Share best practices and learnings where required trains, coaches and mentor the team to deliver value using Agile ways of working improving self-organisation, cross-functional collaboration and communication.
- Execute the framework on a day-to-day basis of the Agile software delivery process, managing the appropriate ceremony elements to ensure the team collaborate effectively, and ultimately drive result - planning, daily scrum, review, retrospective to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Keeps the team focused on the current sprint, demonstrating progress by delivering value features against an agreed period and to defined timescales.
- Leads the appropriate support definition to ensure handover to support and service transition is completed at end of the project ensuring business objectives are met.
- Exchanges learnings through communities of practice (CoP) across Agile Masters on specific topics e.g. Agile framework, functionality testing, issue resolution by facilitating discussions, decision-making and conflict resolution within the Agile framework.
- Educates across GTS and wider business to understand the benefits of Agile practices and required interactions in order to achieve adoption of a value driven approach to delivery.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of proven experience as Agile master who can control a budget, manage the delivery of a solution, lead individuals within agreed upon timescales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Proven track record of proactive project delivery working in an IT environment demonstrating a technical competence and understanding of modern IT and business practices.
- Formally trained in Agile framework (e.g. Scrum Master Certification, PMI/ACP) and business analysis.
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile methodologies, change control, technical infrastructure and IT service management.
- Strong communication, process, logical thinking and organisation skills.
- Capable of working across multiple, concurrent projects while maintaining independence of action, demonstrating the ability to prioritise activities and escalate issues appropriately.
- Demonstrates a strong team working ethic and collaborative approach to delivery with the ability to work across organisations and cultures.
- Proficient with setting up and managing the team using Agile project management tools (e.g. Atlassian, Jira).
- Relevant certification is desirable.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons